Friday, July 15, 2011

Digging A Hole and Crawling In

We have a dog that likes to dog a hole close to the house and lay in it to either keep cool in the summer or to keep warm in the winter. I think that sometimes we all feel like digging a hole and crawling in.
I noticed on facebook a comment on people who are going through hard times.
I would like to tell you about something that happened to me several years ago.
Corbin was having a really hard time with his epilepsy and it was taking a big tole on him and the family I didn't know what else to do or where to turn for help. I prayed a lot but I never seemed to get an answer to my prayers. And then one day I read an Article in the Ensign that said if you aren't getting an answer to your prayer you need to change they way you are praying. I was asking for God to give me the answers. So I changed my prayer and asked God what he would have me do. I immediatley got an answer although it was not the one I was expecting. The answer was Trust In Me. I thought okay  I got an answer but what does it mean, Trust In Me. I started reading scripture after scripture trying to figure this out. None of it seemed to click then one day while reading the Ensign again there was an article about trusting our Father in Heaven. And then I knew what it meant, Jesus died on the cross not only for our sins, but it was to take on all our pain and suffering, He knows how we feel about everything He knows how we ache when our loved ones are suffering and all we can seem to do is sit back and say I am here and I love you. If we Trust In Him he will lighten the pain that we feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment